domingo, 22 de maio de 2011

Blurry Me

Until about a year ago, Photography to me was what I saw in magazines. Photographers only shot ads, and pictures in my head were sharp, colorful, detailed. My knowledged didn't go very far about this subject.

Then I learned about Nan Goldin. And, hey, wait a minute, why is everything so blurred? Why are people and things dramatically changed from what they look like in real life? Isn’t photography a mere mirror of our lives?

No, Photography doesn’t have to emulate reality. I mean, even the images we capture with our own eyes are flipped in our brains. So why is it that people insist that the images they capture with their cameras be the same as what they see in their heads?











These are just some fun and free shots. The first is a self portrait of me spinning with an open shutter in front of a mirror. The others are pictures from an old relationship. I had deleted all these originally, but yesterday I found them in my recycle bin, and since I am over my past now, I thought, why not?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário