segunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2011

Bike Culture

This is Bike Culture. Whole families biking on a Sunday afternoon in Enschede, Holland. No cars, just bikes.



Dutch people are smart; take your bike in the train! Here you can travel the whole country with your bike. Just imagine having the ability to go anywhere you want, without having to worry about gas prices. Roads are paved for bikes, and mainly bikes.




Not just paved, but also signaled. If you are on your bike you will know when to cross. The main feeling I get in this country; relax.



Ok, you can't always read signs. WTF does uitgezonderd even mean???




I confess, I got lost a couple of times yesterday biking around Holland. I had to ask many people for directions, and most didn't know a word in English. That's what you get for biking around very small provinces, I guess.

However, details aside, I like to stress that this is a very relaxed country, and even though I was lost, I never felt at risk. Could L.A. ever be this way? Let's talks some more about it another day.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário