quarta-feira, 22 de junho de 2011

That kiddy "i-just-stole-a-candy-bar-from-the-store" kind of high....!



I dove into the world today, head first. I gave all my energy; not expecting anything back.
I am waiting to be restored by you, fountain of youth.

Today when I was by the jazz festival, with the music playing, and all the Europeans standing still, I thought of you.
I thought of this
I thought, I need someone next to me dancing, right about now.

And then I thought….
That being multicultural means being able to appreciate music both while dancing and while standing still.

And I had all these amazing theories and analogies, but no paper to write them on,
No paper to write them on.
I could kiss you right now I would,
I would.

Because all these other boys are stupid. And I know that this post lacks a lot of content, but my mind is as empty as these words today. I am still. I am standing. I am peaceful. I am calm waters and no wind. Who says that excitement needs to be found in the new, in the novelty? Who says that knowledge must be found through the arduous path? Maybe we all just need to stop and appreciate everything around us; knowledge will come. The most beautiful souls are born out of peaceful quests. Liberate yourself from the need to experience something new, shiny, with no meaning. And embrace the old, rusty, beautiful knowledge that the past has to give you. Pretty, expensive machines won’t solve any problems. The men (and women) that came before us, way before us, had it right. You must wait for the land to give fruit, eat it, relax, and enjoy planting the next crop.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário